Fall is a wonderful season of family, festivities and food. As seasons change, so should our decor as we prepare for upcoming intimate gatherings and celebrations. In many parts of the world, home is still the safest place to be. Sprucing things up around the house from time to time invites warm and uplifting energy. This week on our inspiration blog, we set up a table to welcome this new season.
When outdoor sceneries start to change and warmer colors start to take over surroundings, you can tell fall is near. We wanted to create the same feeling indoors with this warm cozy color palette using Champagne and Pale Rose hues. Wall decals instantly change the spirit of plain walls, such as these Protea, Bottlebrush & Banksia Wall Mural by Ginger Monkey.
For this space, we hung up our versatile Dreamy Canopy in White at the corner of the room and dressed it up with Champagne and White Pom Garlands. We placed a comfortable seat right under with a Dreamy Bow Cushion in Champagne.
To create this gorgeous setting, it starts with a simple table and a white tablecloth or bedsheet. We selected neutral-toned plates and gold cutlery as a base. Liven it up with an assortment of Pom Garlands and Mini Pom Garlands in Champagne, Pale Rose and White, placing them around the table.
No Fall setting is complete without something for your tummies. As the centerpieces, we showcased delectable treats from the Spinkie Confectionery: Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles, White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies and Carrot Cheesecake bars!
As a treat for you, here’s our special Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles recipe that you can do at home with your children!
Pumpkin Spice With Cream Cheese Snickerdoodle
by Spinkie Confectionery
PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15-17 MINUTES
• ½ cup / 1 stick (113g) unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
• ½ cup (90g) white sugar
• 1/3 cup (70g) brown sugar
• 1/3 cup (85g) pumpkin puree
• 1 egg yolk
• 3/4 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
• 1 1/3 cup (190g) all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
• 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• ¼ cup (50g) sugar
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Cream cheese balls:
• 315g cream cheese (soft)
• ½ cup (60g) icing sugar
• 30g pecans for decor
1. Combine together butter, sugars, pumpkin puree, egg yolk, and vanilla extract.
2. In a separate bowl sift in and whisk flour, pumpkin spice, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
3. Combine dry into wet ingredients, mix until well incorporated.
4. Cover the cookie batter and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Cream together cream cheese and icing sugar. Scoop into 1 tbsp half balls and place in a plate lined with plastic wrap, spaced apart. Cover with another sheet of plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon.
7. Scoop the snickerdoodle batter into 1/8 cup balls and dunk into the cinnamon sugar and press the center to form round cups.
8. Place cream cheese balls inside the cookie cups and gently squish them together. Add a pecan at the center.
9. Place cookies in a lined baking sheet making sure to leave a space in between the cookies and bake in a 170°C preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until the cookies are set.
We hope you enjoy setting up your Magical Spaces and munching on your Magical Treats!